As I described within the end-of-year cyber assessment in December, 2022 was one other disruptive yr with international cybersecurity impacts from the Ukraine warfare. There have been extra surprising cyberattacks concentrating on each sector of vital infrastructure, ransomware assaults affecting companies and governments, and far more. And the disruptions are anticipated to proceed into 2023, if the main cyber business predictions for 2023 are partially right. The truth is, there have been extra cyber predictions than ever earlier than, resulting in a sequel for 2023 to cowl rising tendencies.
So what have been the preferred “Lohrmann on Cybersecurity” blogs final yr? In case you missed a number of, learn and share them. We course of the problems every January and give you the chance to return and give attention to the small print of the matters that others are studying and spending time on, or which have particular significance.
THE 10 BEST BLOGS PUBLISHED IN 2022
- Chip Implants: Alternatives, Issues, and What May Be Subsequent: There have been new developments in 2021 relating to the implantation of microchips in people. So what plans have been introduced for 2022? And simply as necessary, what are the privateness and safety ramifications?
- High 22 Safety Predictions for 2022: What Will the New Yr Herald Our on-line world? This is your annual roundup of the safety business’s prime cybersecurity forecasts, tendencies, and prediction stories for calendar yr 2022.
- Planning for a Cyber Assault on a Nation-State: Are You Prepared? — Some international consultants predict a major cyberattack towards vital US and UK infrastructure if Russia invades Ukraine. Whether or not it occurs or not, is your group ready for this state of affairs?
- Cyberattacks Towards Essential Infrastructure Quietly Rise: Regardless of the dearth of main headline-grabbing cyberattacks towards US vital infrastructure to date in 2022, our international cyberbattles proceed to escalate.
- What is actually the rationale behind ‘The Nice Resignation’? — Folks modified jobs in document numbers in 2021, and 2022 is projected to convey extra of the identical. So what’s behind these tendencies? Let’s discover with the outcomes of a brand new PlanBeyond examine.
- NATO Nations Affected by Unprecedented Cyber Assaults: Montenegro, Estonia and new NATO candidate Finland are simply three of the nations which might be severely affected by subtle cyber assaults. What is going on and who’s subsequent?
- Hacktivism and DDOS assaults enhance dramatically in 2022: 2022 has introduced a rise in distributed denial-of-service assaults, in addition to a dramatic enhance in patriotic hacktivism. What lies forward for these tendencies because the yr progresses?
- International Cybersecurity Ramifications of the Conflict in Ukraine: What have we discovered to date relating to cybersecurity from the Russia-Ukraine warfare and associated cyber incidents world wide? We’re going to discover.
- Will the Ukraine battle result in extra international cyberattacks? — Latest cyberattacks towards Ukrainian web sites have targeted world consideration on the potential for a broader on-line battle. So what are the brand new cyber threats and potential eventualities to be ready for?
- High 23 Safety Predictions for 2023 (Half 1) (Be aware: printed on the finish of December 2022) — After a yr full of information breaches, ransomware assaults and real-world cyber shocks stemming from the Russian invasion of Ukraine, what’s subsequent? This is half 1 of your annual roundup of safety business forecasts for 2023 and past.
OLD BUT GOOD
These blogs have been ranked within the prime 10 in 2022, however have been printed the yr earlier than. These are the blogs that proceed to obtain worldwide consideration:
- The numbers, prices and impacts of knowledge breaches are rising in 2021 – By virtually any measure, the breadth, depth and influence of knowledge breaches have elevated dramatically through the COVID-19 pandemic. This is a abstract of the numbers.
- Chip Implants: The Subsequent Large Privateness Debate Some say we’ll all be implanted ultimately. Others say: by no means! Let the privateness, authorized, technical, skilled, medical, safety, political, spiritual and “so private” battles start.
- 2020: The yr the COVID-19 disaster introduced a cyber pandemic: 2020 shall be remembered as a uniquely disruptive yr, however not only for a worldwide well being disaster. Life on-line has been digitally reworked as exponential change has accelerated at house and work by means of our on-line world.
I need to thanks, my readers, in your loyal following over time. A lot of you contact me on LinkedIn to recommend matters and request interviews or different content material to focus on. I am actually open to connecting and collaborating in a wide range of cybersecurity and know-how matters as we head into 2023.
window.fbAsyncInit = function() FB.init(
appId : '314190606794339',
xfbml : true, version : 'v2.9' ); ;
(function(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = "https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js";
(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
Most Popular Cybersecurity Blog Posts from 2022